Mark Smith (Gardland, Hunter-Gatherer Records)
Some notes on 2013
– Drink of the Year: get into Polish lemon vodka, strong contender for world’s most edible liquid. NB: don’t drink vodka with the Poles.
– Industry Joke of the Year:
“Where does Stellar Om Source put her rubbish bins at night?”
– The number of kids in hats in Marrickville is rising exponentially.
– Careful with that press release. One minute you’re a respectable citizen, the next you’re a drugged up quasi-spiritual desert dweller who samples didgeridoos and is inspired by nature.
– Nick Land Quote of the Year (circa 1991): “Creativity cannot be brought to an end that is compatible with power, for unless life is extinguished, control must inevitably break down.
– Inspirational Australian of the Year: Gareth Psaltis. If he eclipses this track then a whole lot of Europeans are going to be losing their collective shit. Look out for Gaz on some Hunter-Gatherer wax next year.
– Beware of paid-for webpage space masquerading as unbiased music journalism.
– Big ones to Shaun for writing about our ish with panache when no one else gave a fuck. More on point analysis than RA, FACT and XLR8R combined.
2 thoughts on “2013 in review: artists and Crawlspace editors”
This sounds insanely sappy, but just want to say that I’ve enjoyed reading Crawlspace so much this year. This post tops it off too.
All the best in bringing writing about more eclectic music in 2014.
Scraps has some new tracks out? Why hasn’t Crawlspace informed us??